Oh man, y’all – I have been slacking, slacking, slacking here. I should definitely stop making promises, like how I’m going to share the recipes from my FarmBox, or anything even remotely involving guarantees. Not worth it. For the record, everything is going super well on my end, which partially accounts for my absence. It’s been a busy fall with grant-writing, new data analysis techniques, and lots and lots of quality reading (and dog time, obviously). I’ve been to some new places, new trails, and done some new things – all good. And now, because I have my hat in hand, and no new Thanksgiving recipes for you, I’m here to provide you with a round-up of things I’ve made in the past, things that are traditionally on my Thanksgiving table, and some other beautiful and wonderful suggestions from others. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, wherever you may be, and whomever you may be with.
- A wild and wooly account of American Thanksgiving in Australia
- How to prepare a whole pumpkin, for all your pumpkin needs
- Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- Two Recipes for Pumpkin Muffins (may I just say – they’re both wonderful, but the first is my current favorite)
- Wheat bread for this vegetarian stuffing
And, from around the web:
- I hope you’ve already seen this etiquette guide by Bon Appetit, but if not… (sadly, my own family will not be following some of these well-thought out ideas, but alas).
- This awesome recipe guide, state-by-state (really intrigued by cranberry sauce with chiles, courtesy of Arizona)
- Traditional, fool-proof pumpkin pie, for those of you who are into that sort of thing (dairy-free alternative here)
- Having made this apple pie twice last year, I can attest to the fact that it is heavenly. Go forth. Make it. Never use another recipe ever again (unless it’s this one)
- For an unconventional side, this is the best savory tart ever. Ever.
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday!